Masses have resumed at Assumption Parish on a modified schedule however, there is no obligation to attend Mass. Our Live Stream will remain available.
If you would like to attend Mass please read through the details below. A registration page for weekend masses can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please remember that returning to Mass in-person is optional.
Weekend Masses: 11am and 7:30pm
Daily Mass: Visit the Daily Mass link below for information
Rosary Chapel: Remains closed
Confessions: Resumes on Saturday, June 27th from 11am to noon in the Chapel
Parish Offices: Remain closed to the public
What You Need to Know Before Returning to Mass:
- Bishop Fabbro has extended the Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass until at least the First Sunday of Advent.
- We will continue to provide the Live Stream of Mass for those who do not yet feel comfortable returning to worship at the Church.
- Before departing for Mass, please check your temperature to ensure that you do not have a fever. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5C or 100F must not attend Mass.
- Please ensure that all family members over the age of 8 have masks. We ask that everyone wear masks inside the church.
- You should also use the washroom before travelling to Mass, as the Church washroom will be for extreme emergencies only.
- We also ask that you do not bring extra items into the Church at this time, so as to limit the potential for the spread of disease.
Capacity and Seat Reservation:
- Masses will be limited 30% capacity across the Diocese of London.
- Because it is impossible to accommodate all our parishioners for Sunday Masses, we are asking parishioners to reserve their seat online before each weekend.
- Registrations for each weekend will open the prior Thursday at 10am, and will continue until two hours before each Mass, or until all spaces are filled. You can also call the office on Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to noon and 1pm to 4pm.
- Seat reservations information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Mass Arrival Procedures:
- When you arrive at the Church, inform the parking lot attendant that you have a reservation to attend Mass. They will direct you to park in the back lot, behind the church, and adjacent to the rectory. When all the spaces in this lot are full, continue to park at the south end of the main lot, closest to the CAW Centre.
- We ask that when you arrive, you remain in your vehicle until 20 minutes before Mass starts. As you exit your vehicle, walk towards the rectory, and enter the sidewalk between the rectory and Rosary Chapel, from there continue to follow the sidewalk around the front of the Chapel, and along the west side of the Church. The line to enter the Church will begin just outside the main doors. Please observe all posted physical distancing signs and markers as you line up to enter the church.
- While you are waiting in line, a volunteer will verify your reservation, and ask a series of screening questions.
- From there, each household or individual will be greeted by an usher. The usher will direct you to sanitize your hands as you enter the building, and then will seat you. Please note that in an effort to promote physical distancing, you will be seated in the Church in a pre-determined pattern. In order to accommodate the beginning of phase two of restoration, part of the East Side of the Church will be inaccessible due to the scaffolding that will be in place. Therefore we will fill the west side of the Church first, and then seat parishioners on the East side as needed. Please note that you must sit where you are directed to by the Usher, and you may not move from your spot until it is time for Communion.
- Throughout Mass, please participate as you normally would, by speaking the responses, and standing, sitting, and kneeling as you normally would.
- Please note that there will be no singing at this time, and all hymn books and missals have been removed from the pews.
- Communion will be distributed by clergy only.
- Please keep your face mask on for the duration of Mass.
- There is to be no physical contact between households at the the Sign of Peace or hand holding during the Lord’s Prayer.
- Baskets will not be passed during the offertory. You will be able to place your weekly gift in a basket as you exit the church.
- Communicants are to come to the front of the line where there is marked a two-metre (six-foot) line away from the minister of Communion.
- After the dialogue (The Body of Christ / Amen), step forward to receive the Host, taking it in your hand (the dominant hand placed under the other).
- Then step to the side, into a green box, and remove your mask from behind one ear, consume the Host, replace the mask, and then return to your place in the pew, maintaining a six-foot walking distance with the person in front of you.
- If you do not wish to receive Communion, cross your arms across your chest, and the Priest will give you a blessing.
Mass Departure Procedures:
- You must follow the direction of the ushers when exiting the church in an orderly way, while maintaining physical distancing.
- Proceed down the centre aisle, and exit the church through the east door that goes directly into the parking Lot.
- You can deposit your Sunday offertory in the basket at the exit.
- You are asked to leave the church without spending social time with the priest or other parishioners at the door or in the parking lot.
- The use of printed bulletins is suspended.
This Video Outlines The New Guidelines: