Please fill out the attached form and the Outreach Coordinator will be in touch with you, with either a call or email with details of the programs you checked off.
Programs and Events
- MENTAL HEALTH MONDAYS: A psychoeducational group on Mondays. She will discuss different topics each week, teach different coping strategies and give you new tools for your tool box! Mondays – 2pm — https://zoom.us/j/91660541399 — Meeting ID: 916 6054 1399
- CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH: The Mental Health Team at W5 (Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women) will be providing an opportunity for you to practice your English-speaking skills, make new friends, and learn more about the community. Fridays – 12am-1:30pm https://zoom.us/j/95892131936 – Meeting ID: 958 9213 1936
- LECTIO DIVINA (Catholic): Praying with the Scriptures. Every Wednesday, 2pm. https://tinyurl.com/ycuomzgu — Meeting ID: 931 8912 5660
- LETs ReCREATE: Join us for weekly craft-making! We will be using recycled and/or previously used materials. It’s eco-friendly and aims to save money while making beautiful things. Wednesdays – 6pm – ZOOM – https://zoom.us/j/92383676988 — Meeting ID: 923 8367 6988
- THIS WEEK: Bottle Planters
—Supplies needed from DollarTree
-Bottle (coke/Pepsi bottles)
- OUR ANIMAL FRIENDS: A place where animal lovers can share their love and interest for all animals through videos, trivia games and more. A three part series in April on Thursdays – April 8th, 15th, and 22nd at 3pm over Zoom. https://zoom.us/j/3537752677?pwd=czZ2UzZ5R3Z4aWNFbXIrOUJvQVJUZz09 — Meeting ID: 353 775 2677
- FOODIES COOKING CLUB: Come and join our “Foodies” Mauline and Eleanore in preparing and sharing low cost, healthy lunch. Tuesday, April 13th, 2pm – Email us for the recipe – email@example.com — Meeting ID: 353 775 2677 — https://zoom.us/j/3537752677?pwd=czZ2UzZ5R3Z4aWNFbXIrOUJvQVJUZz09
- SIMPLY MUSIC: Creating a space to share your favourite songs, connect with other music lovers, and connect through beautiful sounds! Thurs, April 8th & 22nd, 11am. https://zoom.us/j/96447336910 — Meeting ID: 964 4733 6910
- HEALTH TODAY: We will be presenting a new health topic biweekly. Raising awareness on diabetes, hypertension, chronic pain, dementia, and mental health. Connecting seniors to resources in the community to help raise their quality of life and wellbeing. Tues, April 6th & 20th, 12pm. https://zoom.us/j/93373524075 — Meeting ID: 933 7352 4075
- DO YOU RECALL?: Reminiscence through storytelling; allowing people to remember and share memories that tell others about their journey. Thurs, April 22nd, 2pm. https://zoom.us/j/99802212629 — Meeting ID: 998 0221 2629
- FORGOTTEN HARVEST/FOOD DELIVERY: Saint Vincent de Paul Society provides fresh vegetables at the McEwan Campus every Friday, 8am-11am. They also make home visits to individuals or families in need every Saturday from 9am-12:30. Call 519-258-2740
- COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM (Drop-Off): If your yearly income is under $35,000 a year, we can help you get your taxes done for FREE! The Community Volunteer Income Program (CVITP) is hosting a Free Tax Preparation DROP-OFF through Assumption Cares throughout March & April. Please bring income slips that apply to you T5007, T4, T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), T4E, T5 & Rent or Property Tax Receipt. *If you received CERB or COVID money, you must include a T4A or T4E.* Drop off every Friday/Saturday from 9:30am-11:30am at 711 McEwan Ave. – see calendar for more specific dates.
- COVID VACCINE REGISTRATION: If you are over the age of 75, we can help you pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine. Just call us at 226-260-1768, or call the Health Unit directly at 519-251-4072. We are happy to help. You can pre-register on your own here: https://tinyurl.com/hkm8sxdd
- COMMUNITY CONNECTOR: Looking for more support and connection in the community? Reach out to us and to be matched with a trained volunteer who will walk with you towards the quality of life you are looking for. Please contact us at 226-260-1768 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to get involved in this program.
- HEALTH SCREENER: Are you struggling with your health? We have created a form that can be filled out by anyone who would like to discuss concerns related to their health, get information about health care services in our community, and be assisted to connect to the services that you may require. This is an opportunity to receive professional advocacy and support for your health care concerns. Please fill out the form below: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM: https://forms.gle/8SfAfi2akt7o3RYX9