Phase One – Completed – 2019
The first phase of work included a new copper roof, a new hot water heating system, asbestos removal and several smaller, high-priority projects.
Five area contractors submitted bids for the work and the project was awarded to Pupatello & Sons Ltd. for $1.36 million, roughly 30% below the initial projected cost.
Work began in May 2019 and was completed just before Christmas. Assumption Church was reopened for Sunday masses in September 2019.
The scope of the work included the following items:
- Foundation wall repairs
- Reinforcing roof structure
- Replacement of deteriorated floor joists
- Fireproofing boiler room
- Asbestos remediation
- Upgrade alarm and exit lighting
- Replace domestic water supply
- Install new hot water heating system
- Remove redundant exterior electrical wiring
- New long-term roof (copper shingle)