Phase One – Stablization – 2019
The first phase of work includes a new copper roof, a new hot water heating system, asbestos removal and several smaller, high-priority projects.
Five area contractors submitted bids for the work and the project was awarded to Pupatello & Sons Ltd. for $1.36 million, roughly 30% below the initial projected cost.
Work is scheduled to begin before the end of May with completion in October.
The goal of the work is to stabilize Assumption Church for a return to regular use as quickly as possible.
The scope of the work includes the following items:
- Foundation wall repairs
- Reinforcing roof structure
- Replacement of deteriorated floor joists
- Fireproofing boiler room
- Asbestos remediation
- Upgrade alarm and exit lighting
- Replace domestic water supply
- Install new hot water heating system
- Remove redundant exterior electrical wiring
- New long-term roof (copper shingle)